- ½ cup ofMacadamia Plain Chunks
- ⅓ cup of assorted olives, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano, minced
- ½ cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper, optional
- 4 180g beef eye steaks
- Macadamia oil, to cook
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
Place the macadamias, olives, capers, oregano, and pepper in a mortar until you have a paste. Season the meat and cook in a skillet for 2-3 minutes on the side. Take it out of the heat. Spread the mustard on the uncooked side followed by more macadamia paste. Finish the meat in the oven until it is cooked to your liking.
Suggestion: other breading ideas - lamb with rosemary, sage, goat cheese and macadamias. Pork with pear, Chinese spices, honey and macadamias. Beef with lemon zest, basil, breadcrumbs and macadamias.