Mixing: 15 mins.
Standby: 25 mins.
Total Time: 40 mins.
- Almond Toast: ½ cup of almond flour (raw and finely ground almonds)
- 2 tablespoons of panela sugar (100% whole cane sugar, muscovado or whatever they say in your country).
- ½ tbsp of water.
- Oatmeal pastry cream: 4 tablespoons of instant oats + ½ cup of skim milk + ½ cup of water + a splash of lemon juice, vanilla and natural sweetener to taste. (I used ½ g of stevia)
- Apple topping: 1 apple + 1 tbsp 100% whole grain panela or cane sugar
- Start by preparing the "oatmeal pastry cream", to do this mix all the ingredients of the pastry cream in a pot and cook over low heat until it begins to thicken. It is important not to stop stirring so that the oats do not stick or burn. Once they have a thick texture, remove and allow to cool completely.
- In a food processor or blender add all the ingredients to make the "almond toast" until you have a grainy paste. Pour on a baking sheet with greaseproof paper so that it does not stick; give it a rectangular shape and about 5 mm thick with your hands. Bake for 8 min at 200ºC or until you see that it is golden. Take out of the oven, cut small slices and let cool completely until the almond base is hard like toast.
- Apples: Peel the apples, remove the core, cut in half and make apple slices about 5 mm thick. Sprinkle with brown sugar or brown sugar and bake at 200ºC for 15 min.
- On the almond toast, place the almond pastry cream with the help of a sleeve or teaspoon, which should already be cold and with a compact and creamy texture. Place the apple slices on the toasts and the cream. If you like, you can sprinkle them with a little more panela sugar and brown the top for a better presentation (optional).
- Once ready, take a plate with vegetable potato to the freezer for about 15-20 minutes and serve while they are cold.