- ½ cup ofMacadamia Nuts Plain
- ⅓ cup assorted olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of capers
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
- ½ cup sliced red or yellow bell pepper, optional
- 4 beef eye fillets of 180g
- Macadamia oil, to cook
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Preheat the oven to 200 ° C.
Place the macadamias, olives, capers, oregano, and pepper in a mortar until you have a paste. Season the meat and cook it in a skillet for 2-3 minutes on one side. Take it off the heat. Spread mustard on the uncooked side followed by more macadamia nut paste. Finish the meat in the oven until it is cooked to your liking.
Suggestion: other breading ideas – lamb with rosemary, sage, goat cheese and macadamias. Pork with pear, Chinese spices, honey and macadamias. Veal with lemon zest, basil, breadcrumbs and macadamias.